Lewiston Porter Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Youngstown, NY. It has 686 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Lewiston Porter Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-101 Students
- B64 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+39 Students
- A+34 Students
- A30 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-27 Students
- B26 Students
- A-25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Lewiston Porter Senior High School
- B+Newfane Senior High School
- Newfane Central School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- A-Starpoint High School
- Starpoint Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 37 reviews
- B+Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District, NY
- 57 reviews
Lewiston Porter Senior High School Reviews
Lewiston Porter High School is a very good school speaking from an academic perspective. There are many great teachers and opportunities for students who are willing to put in the work. Furthermore, Lewiston Porter does an excellent job of preparing students for college by greatly encouraging talking between students and guidance counselors. Lewiston Porter is located very close to the local police station so it is very appealing in terms of safety. However, Lewiston Porter is very undiverse and lacks many clubs due to the smaller size of the school. The only clubs present are a club for volunteering, a technology club, and a council for organizing the homecoming dance. Sports are plentiful at the school as music and art programs which do help to make up for the lack of clubs. Lewiston Porter is a great school for those interested in preparing for college and playing sports but not as great for those looking for a diverse school or those looking for a wide range of clubs.
I moved to the Lewiston-Porter district my sophomore year. It was a big change coming from Florida. I can honestly loved the change though. Lewiston-Porter Senior High school is known for how well they are in academics. Most of all the teachers are great teachers and love what they are doing and many of them have helped me get ready for college. Throughout my few years of being here I have joined the lacrosse team and I absolutely love it. At Lewport more than half the school is involved in supporting and participating in school activities/clubs and school sports and it is so great to be apart of. Overall, i have had such a great experience at this school and I am not excited to start my next new journey going into to college.
My high school experience has been both challenging and rewarding. Throughout my high school career, I've had the opportunity to take advanced placement and dual-enrollment classes to prepare myself for college courses. The school has a vibrant student culture, however I feel the school can improve their commodities, such as better food and a wider range of extracurricular clubs and activities.