Lewiston High School Reviews

Some teachers are really awesome, but overall, most teachers don’t care and the administration doesn’t listen to the students
Lewiston High School has a diverse student body that is all eager to learn and experience everything school has to offer. Brand new sports fields and facilities are fantastic and our sports programs have been very successful.
My experience was fair and challenging. Students were treated well and classes were well managed and organized. As for improvements, they are already underway! The school is currently improving the sports programs, facility, and grounds.
Start Your Review of Lewiston High School
I enjoyed my time there for the reason that I was a new student in my first year and I felt welcomed by my teachers and advisors. I wish it was a little cleaner and more organized.
As a student, I am sometimes appalled at what we are served for breakfasts and lunches. Progress has certainly been made since my first year at the high school, and there are some meals that are actually quite good. But, that being said, there is still more work that needs to be done. Lewiston High School takes safety very seriously and we regularly practice lockdowns of different severities and also practice fire drills in the warmer months. We have a great system for creating clubs and other non-athletic activities; all a student needs to start a club is to have a teacher that will supervise the club on the scheduled meeting days and at least 4 other students to be in the club. Then, as long as it doesn't break any of the school rules, the club is usually okayed by the administration. We have an Aspirations Lab that is designated for students (specifically juniors and seniors) who feel like they don't know what to do after high school.
I love how diverse it is and how involved the staff are. The teachers really want to make you succeed!
Lewiston High school has been good to me these past couple years and there were some ups and downs, but I got through it. Lewiston High school is a good school with an amazing staff and an amazing diverse population of students. Even though the state of Maine is populated with mostly White people, Lewiston High school has many cultures and languages spoken in school. It’s a cool place to be for four years.
I like the diversity of the students who come to LHS from many different backgrounds. I like how the school has a Regional Technical Center attached to it where students can study their dream career from a wide range of careers. If I could change something, I would design a new wing for the disabled students to be closer to the rest of the school so that they don’t feel distanced from everyone else in the basement wing of the school where they are currently located.
Everyone is always so welcoming and positive. My past three years at this school have allowed me to grow and become the person I am today. The teachers push students to the best potential because they know how well these kids can do in the future.
Lewiston High School is super diverse and has a great sense of community. Everyone always comes together when people around are in need. Students don’t judge and are quick to help others. Many are generous and kind and passionate about their hometown.
I liked how my school has diversity. The good we got to learn more about the people that come from different country around the world. It was amazing when we have international day and we get to see other dance. We get to eat a lot of different kind of food that we have never seen or teat before.
A good school with a lot of resources, but some things could definitely be changed. New administration is very strict and makes it difficult to feel like the school is a comfortable environment.
Lewiston High school is a very diverse school. The teachers genuinely care, and want to help students succeed. I think it is lacking in the fact that administration is spending too much time on the little things, like chasing students down the halls if they have earbuds in, and not focusing on students overall safety and happiness at the school.
Lewiston High School has many different cultures but its not a diverse school. I really don't like it because the kids their are racist! The school doesn't allow us to express our religion we cant have no Muslim Student Association clubs....its stupid.
I Went to Lewiston high school for four years . It was fairly enjoyable but like every school had its faults . It had great activities to do after school such as key club and speech team that I enjoyed . What I did not like was that most of their resources went toward sports and lacked in supporting the arts , and other clubs and classes . For example students who were in speacial ed or in English language classes were put in the basement were they did not get to interact with the rest of the school making it hard for them to become college ready or even test out of the program that they were in if they were learning English . Since most of the schools resources went toward sports they had excellent sport teams both the soccer team and the hocey team winning big my senior year . The faculty was good most teachers went the extra mile for their students. My overall experience with Lewiston high school was good with many memorable moments to remember
While the diversity is rich, there isn't much interaction socially between some ethnic groups. Teachers are supportive and set students for success by taking time after school to re teach you and explain in a different way.
My experience at Lewiston High School is fantastic. No other school can relate to Lewiston High School. I wouldn't like to see anything change about Lewiston High School.
Start Your Review of Lewiston High School
I love Lewiston High School (LHS) because it's the most diverse high school I've ever seen. We have exchange students from all over the world. Everyone here at Lewiston High School are very friendly. We all get to know a little bit of different countries and learn new people's background. I am honestly glad to have graduated from such a diverse and dear school such as LHS. I am to be a proud Blue Devil.
Spending four years at Lewiston High School changed my life. I met a lot of different ethnicity and race and learned a lot of new cultures. To make a change, we created the International Club which resulted in having an international festival once a year. Lewiston High has amazing staff, resources, safety, and people. I'm glad I spent all my four years there.
Lewiston is a very diverse school. There is an incredible amount of opportunities to excel in at this school; a wide range of courses,activities, sports and educational supports.