Lewiston High School is a public school located in Lewiston, ME. It has 1,447 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+220 Students
- B208 Students
- B148 Students
- B-124 Students
- B-118 Students
- C+107 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+75 Students
- A-74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Lewiston High School
- CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- 131 reviews
- C+Poland Regional High School
- Regional School Unit No. 16 (MSAD 16), ME
- 147 reviews
- COak Hill High School
- Regional School Unit No. 04 (MSAD 04), ME
- 89 reviews
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 173 reviews
Lewiston High School Reviews
My experience was fair and challenging. Students were treated well and classes were well managed and organized. As for improvements, they are already underway! The school is currently improving the sports programs, facility, and grounds.
As a student, I am sometimes appalled at what we are served for breakfasts and lunches. Progress has certainly been made since my first year at the high school, and there are some meals that are actually quite good. But, that being said, there is still more work that needs to be done. Lewiston High School takes safety very seriously and we regularly practice lockdowns of different severities and also practice fire drills in the warmer months. We have a great system for creating clubs and other non-athletic activities; all a student needs to start a club is to have a teacher that will supervise the club on the scheduled meeting days and at least 4 other students to be in the club. Then, as long as it doesn't break any of the school rules, the club is usually okayed by the administration. We have an Aspirations Lab that is designated for students (specifically juniors and seniors) who feel like they don't know what to do after high school.
LHS is a very friendly school open to all cultures and backgrounds, school is constantly being improved and renovated, the halls of our school are starting to become filled with murals of different historical leaders of different races signifying the diversity in our school.