Lewiston High School is a public school located in Lewiston, ME. It has 1,497 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Lewiston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+189 Students
- B+176 Students
- B125 Students
- B-101 Students
- B101 Students
- B-87 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+65 Students
- B-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Lewiston High School
- CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- 115 reviews
- B-Poland Regional High School
- Regional School Unit No. 16 (MSAD 16), ME
- 143 reviews
- C-Oak Hill High School
- Regional School Unit No. 04 (MSAD 04), ME
- 85 reviews
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 167 reviews
Lewiston High School Reviews
My experience was fair and challenging. Students were treated well and classes were well managed and organized. As for improvements, they are already underway! The school is currently improving the sports programs, facility, and grounds.
As a student, I am sometimes appalled at what we are served for breakfasts and lunches. Progress has certainly been made since my first year at the high school, and there are some meals that are actually quite good. But, that being said, there is still more work that needs to be done. Lewiston High School takes safety very seriously and we regularly practice lockdowns of different severities and also practice fire drills in the warmer months. We have a great system for creating clubs and other non-athletic activities; all a student needs to start a club is to have a teacher that will supervise the club on the scheduled meeting days and at least 4 other students to be in the club. Then, as long as it doesn't break any of the school rules, the club is usually okayed by the administration. We have an Aspirations Lab that is designated for students (specifically juniors and seniors) who feel like they don't know what to do after high school.
I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else other than Lewiston High School. The lessons this school has taught me are some that no other students at other schools could even begin to fathom. With the amazing diversity of the school with kids from fifty plus countries, I have made friends from around the world from some places I didn't even know existed. I have become best friends with teachers I never imagined becoming close to at all that some have stayed in contact with me throughout four years! Thank you Lewiston High School for making me realize what I want to aspire to be in life with the help of the amazing resources you have had to offer to me. I could not move on to college without this place and I will forever think of it as a safe place for me to return to without hesitation.