Lewiston High School is an above average, public school located in Lewiston, ID. It has 1,013 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Lewiston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-254 Students
- B-242 Students
- B112 Students
- A106 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+32 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Lewiston High School
- BAsotin Junior/Senior High School
- Asotin-Anatone School District, WA
- 44 reviews
- B-Charles Francis Adams High School
- Clarkston School District, WA
- 135 reviews
- B-Colton School
- Colton School District, WA
- PK, K-12
- 17 reviews
- BGenesee School
- Genesee Joint School District, ID
- PK, K-12
- 8 reviews
Lewiston High School Reviews
The original Lewiston High School is over 100 years old. But in 2018 the community passed a levee that would make it possible to build a new high school! The new high school will open fall of 2020 and it is expected to have state of the art facilities, new courses, and better workforce readiness programs. One thing that will remain the same from the old school is the great teachers and staff; they truly go above and beyond to make sure their students strive.
The teachers here are excellent educators and people. The courses offered are challenging at times, but many teachers stay beyond their contractual obligation and assist students who need extra help. I have been lucky enough to play with the varsity soccer team, where I have been able to become good friends with my teammates. Unfortunately, the school's culture is problematic. Incidents of hate speech and other insensitive remarks are prevalent among some students. I feel the school and administrators could do more to reprimand this sort of action in a stronger manner than they have. This sort of unwelcoming and accepting culture is evident in the debates we have as a class. Just in the past couple of months, a student cried because of another student's comments. The teacher in the class handled it well and made the student apologize. I hope the school educates students to be more accepting of others who are different because diversity is this nation's greatest strength.
Lewiston high school is pretty good, the teachers are willing to help students when they need it. Also the principal is willing to try and make sure we have a good time with staying involved with us by talking to us students and giving good advice. Also students are very friendly and like to share their own opinions and participate . Also students are willing to allow other students who may be by them self in groups join in on theirs. The athletics is also very great winter hockey is undefeated right now for both girls and boys. Even if they aren't doing great, there is a lot of school spirit with students attending games and cheering the team on. There is also other opportunities to be involved in the school with clubs. We have an environmental club, drama, and much more.