Lewisburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lewisburg, PA. It has 626 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Lewisburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+91 Students
- A57 Students
- A+48 Students
- B38 Students
- B35 Students
- A-33 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Lewisburg High School
- A-Danville Area Senior High School
- Danville Area School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- B+Selinsgrove Area High School
- Selinsgrove Area School District, PA
- 178 reviews
- BMuncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- 57 reviews
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
Lewisburg High School Reviews
I would say that for a small town experience, Lewisburg is a great school to chose. Although the administration has made quite a few questionable decisions, the school always manages to pull through. LAHS continues to have academic success and prepares students for college much more than they know. Although Lewisburg succeeds mainly in "country club sports," lacrosse, golf, tennis, the soccer, football, and basketball teams are consistently successful. I will say that throughout the entire district, parents interference has begun to play a larger role than it should. With teachers and coaches making decisions based on the parents' feelings rather than what is best for the school, class, or team as a whole. At a bigger school, parent influence would be less prevalent. No matter what, I continue to see LAHS prevail in the classroom, the theater, and the athletic field.
Lewisburg High School is very much invested in the success of it's students, whether that success is in the classroom or in sports. Our sports teams seem to do very well overall, with our boys soccer team getting second in the state, I'm pretty sure. Our high school also has an emphasis in the arts, specifically music programs and theatre programs. The fall play's director, who is also the Theatre Arts and AP Literature & Comprehension teacher, has a Master's degree in theatre arts and 25 years of experience onstage, making her very qualified in her field. Our music departments are one of the main focuses of Lewisburg Area High School, with many students going into District Orchestra, District Band, and District Choir. As an arts student, there are very few things I can complain about.
As a recent LHS alum who is now about to graduate college, I can definitely say that LHS and the teachers there strongly prepared me for college. I had a great experience going to school here. It was obvious that the teachers were passionate about their content area and their jobs. They all greatly cared not only about how their students were performing academically, but they also cared about their students' wellbeing. There are many opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities, and many students were involved in something or multiple activities.