Lewis County High School is a public school located in Weston, WV. It has 719 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-130 Students
- C+107 Students
- B-94 Students
- C83 Students
- B-67 Students
- C+36 Students
- C+29 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Lewis County High School Reviews
Lewis county high school is a very upbeat, outgoing school. The teachers and faculty are always eager to help anyone in need and provoke academic success through not only teaching, but sharing life experiences as well. The atmosphere is very positive, and most peers are very enthusiastic. Lewis County High School offers various opportunities to join clubs such as the gamers club, or botany, and the same goes for sports. College classes are offered as is mentoring if someone is in need. In my personal opinion Lewis County High School offers so much to help aid and support the success of its student, faculty, and teachers all the while creating memories that will last forever.
Lewis County High School has a n excellent music and arts program. The teachers are highly educated and passionate about passing on the knowledge and love of arts that they have. The band is an award winning group that shows the relationship of a family. The theater program is where I learned what I truly want to do with my life. No matter the score I give this school, I will be eternally grateful for the music and arts passion it has given me.
In my 4 years at Lewis County High School, I've had a lot of fun! They weren't kidding when the said it would go by super fast; and that it would be some of the best years of your life. I've made friendships and relationships to peers and staff, that I will cherish forever. Some of my best memories are playing soccer with my teammates or "getting rowdy" at home football games with the pep club. My teachers have been incredible mentors and role models for me to do amazing things with my life. The only things I'd really want to change is the overall condition of the facilities, especially the restrooms, and the college readiness.