Lewis County High School is a public school located in Hohenwald, TN. It has 495 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- A-46 Students
- C+40 Students
- B31 Students
- B27 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-23 Students
- C21 Students
- B+21 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Lewis County High School Reviews
I had a pretty good time there. Most of the teachers were quite good, but a few didn't seem very interactive. There were very few clubs, and beta club (the years that it actually happened) didn't actually do anything. The food was okay. There wasn't much diversity, and most everyone knew each other. Since everyone else knew each other, it made it pretty difficult for a newcomer like me to enter starting my junior year.
Wonderful teachers who care. Not a lot of options for getting ahead. There aren't real "honors" classes, and very few college options.
The school is relatively safe and clean environment. I would like to see more college readiness. There should be less emphasis on sports and more on academics.