Lewis Central Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Council Bluffs, IA. It has 926 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Lewis Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A170 Students
- A163 Students
- C+128 Students
- B111 Students
- A-66 Students
- B+59 Students
- A-52 Students
- B42 Students
- A36 Students
- B-32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Lewis Central Senior High School
- C+Plattsmouth High School
- Plattsmouth Community Schools, NE
- 63 reviews
- B-Abraham Lincoln High School
- Council Bluffs Community School District, IA
- 200 reviews
- A-Millard South High School
- Millard Public Schools, NE
- 323 reviews
- BBellevue East High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 181 reviews
Lewis Central Senior High School Reviews
Lewis central Highschool was amazing for the most part. Some of the teachers I didn't get along with but majority were awesome. The activities were amazing and made my high school experience one for the ages. Football games were awesome and crazy. Basketball games against AL were awesome! The wrestling team is the best in the city by far! The school prepares you for anything including sports and college in general!
Lewis Central is a very good school with great teachers, opportunities, and students. The atmosphere of the student body is fairly friendly. It's easy to find friends and fit in. Generally everyone is accepting of differences and bullying isn't much of an issue. The teachers are great with helping students personal needs and finding new opportunities for each one to grow. The food could be better but from what I've heard from transfer students coming to LC, our food is pretty good compared to theirs. We have a wide variety of options and the kitchen staff is more than happy to make independent meals for kids with certain allergies. Lewis Central is a good place for different students of all race, religion, and orientation to learn and grow in a safe environment and it has done a great job of preparing me for the next step in life.
Lewis Central I have gone to my entire life and my experience there has been pretty good overall. I haven't really had any problems ever there and a lot of the teachers are nice and caring and good teachers. I would say the classes and academics are pretty good as well because we have high standards with our grading scale and our classes. At Lewis Central there are lots of options and diversity as well, for classes and activities so everyone can find something that they're interested in. I would say overall the school has a good environment and is a really caring and passionate school district. If there was anything I would change or could improve it would probably be smaller things like the food or a little bit better resources.