Lewis Cass Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Walton, IN. It has 668 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Lewis Cass Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+73 Students
- A+73 Students
- B69 Students
- A65 Students
- B-40 Students
- B33 Students
- A-28 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Lewis Cass Junior/Senior High School
- CCaston Junior/Senior High School
- Caston School Corporation, IN
- 45 reviews
- B-Maconaquah High School
- Maconaquah School Corporation, IN
- 78 reviews
- C+Peru High School
- Peru Community Schools, IN
- 101 reviews
- B-Logansport Community High School
- Logansport Community School Corporation, IN
- 92 reviews
Lewis Cass Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I moved here halfway throughout my high school career and it was the best decision that I have ever made for myself. Let me tell you, before moving here I was really in a slump. My mental health was really kicking my butt, but I found a place here at Lewis Cass. I found my family and my home all in the sports and drama department here. The staff really loves working with their kids and treats them as one of their own. The administration and students at Lewis Cass have impacted my life in a way I will never forget.
At Lewis Cass I like that you could talk to teachers, although some could help you more than others. The staff makes it a fun and safe environment as well. I enjoy the fact that you could attend any sporting even with a student section and fit right in. Although, I would change the school lunches to more than what we have had in the past. I know of many students that cannot last until after school. I think that school lunches should be bigger and more nutritious, so students can hold their over until school/practice is over.
Overall a great school! However, one criticism is the lack of technology in the school. With what they have, teachers perform to their full capabilities. On the other hand, student life is great! There is a lot of school pride at basketball games and other sporting events.