Lewis & Clark High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spokane, WA. It has 1,867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Lewis & Clark High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+332 Students
- A273 Students
- B-245 Students
- B+216 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-104 Students
- C-99 Students
- A98 Students
- B+85 Students
- A-84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Lewis & Clark High School Reviews
Lewis and Clark is a great high school. The unique open campus and one lunch schedule gives every student extra time for clubs and help from teachers in classes. It’s possible and encouraged to be a part of many different communities within LC. The english, math, and drama departments are superb! The only issue is some lack of care from students in the environment of the school, specifically during lunch when food is left on the ground as the bell rings for 4th period.
I loved the academic awareness of the staff and the genuine passion from the administration and teachers to invest in the students future. There are many ways to get involved with a diverse group of professionals leading different clubs and sports. Lewis and Clark has prepared me for my future in a combination of ways. This includes the combination of different activities such as DECA and Drama. Both of these activities has taught me professionalism and clear communication skills which has led me to countless job opportunities. Overall, Lewis and Clark has excelled their students to the next step in life and invested a great amount into their teachers to receive they results they strive for.
Lewis and Clark High School has the same problems as any other public school. However, the way they address these issues is what makes the school exemplary. Simply walking through the hallways, there are many student-made anti-bullying posters with inspiring messages. The school has many programs made by their students that feed those who can not always afford food or clothes that have spread throughout the district. For instance, the Tiger Closet gives away clothing and the food recycling program persuades students to put unwanted, unexpired food in bins to hand out later. Though administrators try, I believe they could do a bit better at following through with parent contact, though they still do pretty well considering how large the school is.