Letcher County Central High School is a public school located in Whitesburg, KY. It has 852 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-73 Students
- B-60 Students
- B-59 Students
- C+48 Students
- C37 Students
- C27 Students
- A-26 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Letcher County Central High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Letcher County Central High School
- B-Knott County Central High School
- Knott County Public Schools, KY
- 28 reviews
- C+Jenkins School
- Jenkins Independent Schools, KY
- PK, K-12
- 2 reviews
- B-J.I. Burton High School
- Norton City Public Schools, VA
- 6 reviews
- BCentral High School
- Wise County Public Schools, VA
- 22 reviews
Letcher County Central High School Reviews
Overall a great school! Something I would like to see change is when students have opinions, they should act on those. The school doesn’t tend to listen on students opinions.
This high school provides an average experience more or less. Some of the teachers at this school are very engaging and welcoming, but some are not. Also, although there are some rude students, most students are kind and keep to themselves or their friend groups. For a public school, it is definitely not the worst, but there are many things to improve upon. I would personally like to see more of a focus on ACT Prep and college readiness. The average ACT score of this school could be much higher if more emphasis was placed on it.
I feel like I have had a good experience here at this school. I feel I am college ready in all aspects, not only academically but socially as well. There are a diverse number of sports, clubs, and organizations to include everyone. Most of the staff, including teachers and counselors, ensure a positive and safe school environment to make every student feel welcome and accepted.