Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Leslie High School is a public school located in Leslie, MI. It has 366 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Leslie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A102 Students
- B-67 Students
- B+59 Students
- B57 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-24 Students
- C-23 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responses
- The musical and pep rallys31%
- Football games8%
- Pep Rallys8%
- Pep rallies4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Leslie High School Reviews
Leslie High School has always been a very openly accepting school. For being lesbian, I have never encountered criticism about my sexuality. I have never been made fun of either and trust me, I am not the prettiest face with the prettiest body. Leslie High School has always worked with me when it comes to personal issues or when I need a schedule change. The faculty treat you with respect and, like anyone, expect respect back. I've never had to throw out any complaints to the school. Leslie is just a little town with a big heart.
I liked how well most of the teachers taught and how much they cared about their students, not just academically but also learning and understanding our capabilities and taking extra steps to help guide us. My only complaint involves the students, a group having invited me to smoke weed with them (which I declined) and people blowing vapes and getting high during classes. It's an issue that I wish would be handled soon before it gets out of hand.
This school, and the elementary and Middle schools, have been my one recluse where I could go to, to have a moment of clarity and prosperity. I met my great friends there, and the teachers are very helpful and fun to be around. Not only do they have a great staff, they offer honors classes and AP classes. A very great school.