Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Leonard High School is a public school located in Leonard, TX. It has 277 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Leonard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-30 Students
- A25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responses
- Homecoming week28%
- Graduation ceremony at the football field24%
- One of my favorite traditions is the bonfire17%
- Senior night in sports and band17%
- Pep rallies7%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Leonard High School
- B+Wolfe City High School
- Wolfe City Independent School District, TX
- 43 reviews
- B+Whitewright High School
- Whitewright Independent School District, TX
- 43 reviews
- BBland High School
- Bland Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- B+Trenton High School
- Trenton Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
Leonard High School Reviews
The town of Leonard is fairly small, but bigger than some of the surrounding towns. I found my experience at the school to be quite meaningful. Everyone knows everyone... just about, and this brings us closer together. The teachers want the best for each child, and truly care about the students. I believe the math department is lacking, but the new algebra teacher seems to teach well. Sports-wise Leonard High School has a good women athletics program. "We build strong women," is a commonly said quote among us. They are not lying when they say this. One of our girls has ran in Australia, and we have won many awards. Leonard High School is a small town school, but it is a good school. I am glad I had the opportunity to attend this school!
The student body is very friendly to all move-ins. English and history education was well-rounded. However, the turnover in the math department diminished the opportunities for competent math education. My science education was incredibly lacking for an honors student.
My experience at Leonard High School has been very average due to educational and social characteristics of the school system. The environment of the school district is not the best it could be but, it's not the worst place to receive your education. The small town of Leonard provides comfort and stability for the growth of your childhood. The people of Leonard are friendly and well connected with the school and its students. Overall, my experience was average. If I could change anything about the school district I would change the educational administrators and the curriculums they use.