Leon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Tallahassee, FL. It has 2,081 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Leon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A609 Students
- A+349 Students
- C335 Students
- A-290 Students
- B+240 Students
- A200 Students
- B+157 Students
- A+106 Students
- B99 Students
- B85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 133 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Leon High School Reviews
Leon has the most diverse student body in the city of Tallahassee and offers clubs/activities that suit an impressive range of people. There are very few "cliques" at Leon, and the majority of students are supportive and welcoming to each other. There is a rich history of performing arts, and the faculty and staff (for the most part) are respectful of students' involvement in band, chorus, orchestra, steel drums, and theater. Overall, my four years at Leon helped me grow as a student and a musician and I would highly recommend the school to anyone!
Leon is a very unique school, a lot of history involved. In fact my mother graduated from there! I transferred to Leon as a Junior and left another local public high school where I was not happy. It was a hard decision but one I will never regret. Immediately I was welcomed into Leon and made numerous new friends in that first week. The students are friendly and it feels like one big family. I am enjoying my classes and feel challenged in my course work. The teachers are fair and really offer solid material in a manner that encourages learning but also builds leadership. I play varsity volleyball and love to be a part of this wonderful team. I spend a lot of time at Leon. I also participate in an organization called Lions United where we work with special needs students and I have a real passion for this area. I am meeting very unique and special students who are thrilled to be able to interact with the regular students at Leon.
Leon is AM A ZING in all aspects. The academics and (most) of the teachers are great, it's and "A" school for a reason. Leon also has plenty of clubs and organizations no matter what you're interested in, trust me, you'll find a club. Also the school spirit at Leon is impeccable. The volleyball and soccer teams usually bring out the biggest crowds though. Overall, Leon is filled with tons of pride and school spirit and anyone would be lucky to call it home!