Leon High School is an above average, public school located in Jewett, TX. It has 215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Leon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B31 Students
- A+22 Students
- C-17 Students
- C17 Students
- B+17 Students
- B16 Students
- B16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Leon High School Reviews
Overall, it is a great school with various teachers that teach differently. Even though there's comments on how poor the environment (vulgar people, poor bathrooms...), we are family and care for each other, including Temple Terrace and the community. We are well connected school with programs to help the graduates to college such as AVID and Band. Also, the extracurricular activities are well thought by us, the students! We have Relay For Life, Winter Wonderland, Key Club, etc.
I loved going to Leon! They have such great programs and it is such a lovely environment! My senior year, they helped us with our college essays and how to apply for college.
Leon High School has an incredibly strong volleyball program and a good academics program. They're incredibly active in the local community. I wish there were more classes offered, but considering the student population (200) and the lack of teachers, they have a decent selection. They offer dual credit from Navarro College in Mexia. Overall, it is a decent school.