Lenoir City High School is a public school located in Lenoir City, TN. It has 1,190 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-230 Students
- B-139 Students
- B108 Students
- B98 Students
- C+93 Students
- B81 Students
- A+62 Students
- B57 Students
- B50 Students
- B-45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Lenoir City High School
- BKarns High School
- Knox County Schools, TN
- 149 reviews
- BMidway High School
- Roane County School District, TN
- 49 reviews
- B-Loudon High School
- Loudon County School District, TN
- 84 reviews
- BWilliam Blount High School
- Blount County School District, TN
- 193 reviews
Lenoir City High School Reviews
There are many ups and downs when it comes to Lenoir City High School. There are only 3 programs that are pretty significant, these are the health science engineering, and English programs. The health science program promotes excellence in everything it does. It go for the top in Pennies for Patients, Clinical Internship and applying the things we learn into action. The engineering program here is one of the highest ranked programs in TN. This is due to the great teachers and equipment that this school provides. Lastly the English program will not settle for less than the best when it comes to journalism or crafting the yearbook piece by piece. The worst program in my opinion is the math program. Throughout all of 4 of my high school math classes I have only had one teacher that was worthwhile at all. The sports here are also laughable as well. At least the marching band is something to be proud of at friday night football games.
Overall, Lenoir City High School is a good school. Its like any other average public school. I think that the principals and staff there are really nice and caring. However, when it comes to discipline, there isn't enough of it. I've seen things happen and reported it and nothing happens to that person unless they've been caught on camera or a teacher has seen it theirself.
I love the faculty, staff and administration. They are very good with making sure every student feels that they belong. One of my favourite things is the amount of career-based classes there are (Medical, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Carpentry, Marketing, Veterinary, and Digital Arts.)