Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lena-Winslow High School is an above average, public school located in Lena, IL. It has 248 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Lena-Winslow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+39 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B-21 Students
- A18 Students
- A+13 Students
- B12 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Homecoming Week75%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Lena-Winslow High School
- BMonroe High School
- Monroe School District, WI
- 90 reviews
- BDakota Junior/Senior High School
- Dakota Community Unit School District No. 201, IL
- 82 reviews
- B-Stockton Senior High School
- Stockton Community Unit School District No. 206, IL
- 30 reviews
- B-Warren Junior/Senior High School
- Warren Community Unit School District No. 205, IL
- 25 reviews
Lena-Winslow High School Reviews
At Lena-Winslow, I love all the activities I’m allowed to participate in. If one conflicts with the other, the people in charge of each activity have the ability to be understanding and will work it out so it’s fair for both programs. However, I feel like not all students get recognized. I think that could change. It seems like if you aren’t in football or volleyball, they don’t even acknowledge your accomplishments. I think that could change a little.
I loved that my school was generally accepting of me and who I am, the way they helped people through their issues, and the way disciplinary actiowas taken when people deserved it. I do hope to see the high school take more action in same sex education courses as well as boosting its transgender resources.
Lena-Winslow is an amazing small town school with very good involvement from both parents and teachers. You can truly tell that the teachers care for your future success and will do anything to help you out. Ever since coming here I’ve changed so much as a person for the better.