Lemont Township High School is a top rated, public school located in Lemont, IL. It has 1,361 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Lemont Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+210 Students
- B+166 Students
- A-161 Students
- B+149 Students
- A-147 Students
- A+103 Students
- A102 Students
- B94 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Lemont Township High School
- A+Lincoln-Way East High School
- Lincoln Way Community High School District No. 210, IL
- 423 reviews
- ALockport Township High School - East Campus
- Public School
- Lockport, IL
- 656 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 636 reviews
- A+Carl Sandburg High School
- Consolidated High School District No. 230, IL
- 687 reviews
Lemont Township High School Reviews
I've only been at Lemont High School for a little while, but from my experiences there, I can say without a doubt that Lemont is an excellent school! Lemont offers a sense of community, safety, and goodness. This is a school in which people care about each other. Today in our society, we hear negative things about high school students. We are told that many of them vape, do drugs, vandalize, and don't care about education. Lemont exists tp prove the pundits wrong. Not once have I seen a vape pod, or any drug paraphernalia and usage whatsoever. They have a standard of excellence, an administration who cares about each student, and a staff that is committed to their success. I do believe however that Lemont could improve on its afterschool capabilities. Students should be given an adequate space to work. Other than that, this school is a place that inspires people to be better people. That's very hard to find. That's Lemont.
I love LHS! The faculty is outstanding because the teachers really care. We are treated as adults and the bar is set extremely high. There are a ton of opportunities to get involved so that the students feel like they belong! The smallness of our school allows you to know everyone and fosters an atmosphere of friendship and trust. There are also numerous opportunities for social interactions such as games, dances, spirit weeks. We have a high participation in these opportunities because the students really enjoy being around each other and they genuinely like one another. I know that even though I am leaving LHS to attend college, I will continue to have relationships with the teachers and students who have helped shape me into the man I am today.
Lemont High School is an exceptional school. Teachers, that not only provide a solid educational foundation but also encourage students to exceed in all aspects of their life, establish a heartening environment. A diverse selection of courses allows students to find a subject that interests them. With the option of over 15 AP courses, students come across many opportunities to challenge themselves. A variety of clubs and sports also gives students the ability to develop social connections. Overall, Lemont Highschool does an excellent job of preparing students for college. As a student at Lemont High School, I can attest to that. I greatly enjoyed my experience at Lemont Highschool, and because of this school, I am prepared to enter the next phase of my life.