Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Leland & Gray Union Middle/High School is a public school located in Townshend, VT. It has 273 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Leland & Gray Union Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-33 Students
- B-14 Students
- B10 Students
- A10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Leland & Gray Union Middle/High School
- BBellows Falls Union High School
- Public School
- Bellows Falls, VT
- 71 reviews
- BBrattleboro Union High School
- Brattleboro Union High School District, VT
- 93 reviews
- B-Green Mountain Union High School
- Green Mountain Unified School District, VT
- 29 reviews
- C+Fall Mountain Regional High School
- Fall Mountain Regional School District, NH
- 94 reviews
Leland & Gray Union Middle/High School Reviews
Leland and Gray has always been a place where I can go to feel safe and well heard and understood. I have only had 1 or 2 poor teachers in the 6 years I have attended this school. But all the other ones have helped me learn more about myself and the world as a whole. They have been my mentors and in a way, have been some of my closest friendships in a sense of me being able to talk to them and get advice inside and out of the classroom. Many students have negative opinions of the community and the teachers, but people fail to realize that respect goes both ways and if you treat someone disrespectfully it makes it hard for them to treat you well in return. The music department has grown immensely thanks to the two new teachers who are incredibly optimistic of the student's futures and their futures in music. There are a lot of positive messages that are promoted at this small, rural school and there is nowhere I would have rather spent my middle and high school years.
Although the physical building and campus is outdated and has minor problems, it does feel like a second home to me. Most of the teachers are very good, however there are a couple you have to watch out for. Very cliquey for such a small school. Large party scene with athletes.
The teachers don’t really listen to what the students have to say, but they do give the opportunity to try and present information to different facilities.