LeFlore Magnet High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B98 Students
- A61 Students
- C-54 Students
- A50 Students
- C40 Students
- C+40 Students
- A39 Students
- B35 Students
- B32 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
LeFlore Magnet High School Reviews
Review LeFlore Magnet High School
Leflore Magnet High Schools offers a great Pre-Med program which gives students basic training in the medical field. During the course students go from training to working with actual patients. We also have a Pre-Law program which also gives training in the justice system. The students constantly have mock trials to better their skills. The Mighty Marching Rattler Band is a very big part of the school. Everyone loves coming to the football games and parades to watch the instrumentalists, the flag line, and the flag line. They are the pride of Leflore High School.
The overall quality of the teachers at John L Leflore is great. They are hard working and very genuine. Of course most teachers have different teaching styles but majority of the teachers make sure they go above and beyond for their students. Many incorporate technology in their teachings and others prefer hands on activities, it all depends on the teacher and the subject in which they teach. Many of the teachers are very knowledgeable and not only provide you with a curriculum but real world information that will help you be a successful individual. The teachers at my school ginuinely care for the students they are always there when a students needs to talk.
What is so unique about my alma mater is that the media constantly tries to slander our name but no matter how hard the people label us as "reckless" , we have yet to be listed as a failing school of MCPSS. Every other mostly African-American school in my county has been listed as a failin school, meaning their ACT scores are not where they should be and that the students at those schools are not college ready. My favorite experience so far as a student a Leflore would be the classes that I have taken. They have prepared me for college.(AP/Honors/DUALEnrollment) I would totally chose this school again if I could because not only are we a institution, we are a rattler family. And the teachers and counselors as well as administrators put the importance of the student body first .