Leesville Road High School is a highly rated, public school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 2,536 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Leesville Road High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+441 Students
- A+320 Students
- B+250 Students
- A-235 Students
- B+229 Students
- B+227 Students
- B+138 Students
- A111 Students
- B-109 Students
- B96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 157 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Leesville Road High School Reviews
Overall, I feel LRHS prepared me for life after high school. The many options for electives and clubs provided me with the ability to discover new topics that I might enjoy. Teachers seemed very enthusiastic about their jobs for the most part, with the exception of a few. Assignments were fair and teachers are friendly and understanding in most circumstances. Students causing fights in hallways was an issue, but that is difficult for administration to prevent. Things that could use improvement are the meals, bathrooms, and auditorium seating. Instead of budgeting in cellphone pouches that are ineffective, the school could put that money towards other things.
Most students as well as staff are very helpful and heartwarming. This was my first year at Leesville , and I felt as if I belonged! I thought that this was going to be a very difficult transition being that I was a senior and that I knew absolutely no one from Raleigh but I was beyond wrong. The principal is amazing , the teachers are amazing. Just a wonderful environment to learn. If your new to Raleigh, you'll love Leesville!
The teachers and students at this school are extremely welcoming and will make you want to learn, at least most of them. It's very cool that the high school is connected to the middle and elementary schools, as it will offer lots of volunteer opportunities. There are tons of amazing AP level classes and other challenging courses that will engage you. However, the school itself isn't exactly well-kept. The bathrooms are hideous, I'm pretty sure some have holes in the walls. The school puts way too much money into sports, I had to share a calculus textbook (one that was barely staying together at the seams) with 4 other people, and my history textbook was written the year I was born. Students are absolutely great and it is a very welcoming community overall, minus the buildings themselves.