Lee High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Baton Rouge, LA. It has 806 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-205 Students
- B127 Students
- B+127 Students
- C+110 Students
- B87 Students
- B83 Students
- B+79 Students
- B+65 Students
- C+61 Students
- A51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Lee High School Reviews
Lee Magnet High School is a great learning environment and there is a plethora of activities and electives to choose from. The faculty and staff are very polite and I have enjoyed my time there since my freshman year of high school. The learning environment is full of college preparation courses and classes to guide students towards a successful journey to college. The guidance councilors are very open to helping out with any needs or questions that students may have about going to college. Lee Magnet High School has prepared me to be an independent college student, and I am ready to start my life as a college student.
Lee Magnet High School is truly a school like no other. In Baton Rouge, Lee is a very tech-savvy school that focuses mainly on classes oriented towards the STEM fields, which include subjects such as Engineering, Biomedical, and Computer Science (though there are classes lacking in the latter subject). Although it is mainly focused on STEM field classes, it also has begun to place a large amount of emphasis on the sports teams, especially girls and boys basketball. However, at the same time, less emphasis is being placed on the liberal arts and visual/performing arts which are as equally important, as it also pertains to academics. Additionally, clubs have been forced to meet after school due to cuts to our in-school allotted club time, so clubs and activities have been lacking (especially since we began clubs late in the school year and they are not meeting until the next the year). I believe that Lee High was doing well before our switch in administration.
I liked the culture and teachers because they actually care about our future. If it were for Lee high school, I would still be undecided as to what career choice I wanted to pursue. Overall, it's a great school. Friendly staff and faculty try their best to advise and counsel you several matters no matter if it's a positive or negative situation. I really enjoyed the last year of high school because it prepared me for college life and now that I'm a freshman, I don't feel the fear of not accomplishing my career goals! It's an awesome feeling and I hope to one day provide the same encouragement and support to others as they have done for me.