Lee Early College is a highly rated, public school located in Sanford, NC. It has 255 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Lee Early College Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-95 Students
- A+93 Students
- B+90 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+80 Students
- B-69 Students
- B54 Students
- B+50 Students
- B36 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Lee Early College Reviews
This program is phenomenal. To get in you had to apply. They basically did a writing autopsy on your acceptance essay and decided whether you fit here. I've had personal struggles along the way that has made it hard to stay on top, but that's okay. Mrs. Walton who is our secretary said "junior-iris is real. And okay." Shes always there to pull you out. Along with our principal Mrs. Derr, Mr. Testa who used to be our counselor, but is now an academic assistance coach for us at CCCC and runs ACA. And Mrs. Jackson who is our counselor replacement. I didn't do good my first two years. I started out better this year, then flopped again. But they met with me and helped me figure out my plan. My school is so engaged with us students, as long as you want the help. They're always there. My school opens so many doors. A 5th year named Kyle used the 5th year provided to finish with 3 degrees related to laser photonics and is in California making so much money. No sports though, which is fine!
LEC has been a once in a lifetime opportunity. The staff members as well as my peers have helped me mentally grow over the years. I have bulit many supportive relationships with both teachers and students. Because of the small amount of students in the school, there is more time available for students to have more academic communication and help from the teachers. The teachers are all involved with the students academic lives and personal well being. Every step of the way, they're doing a good job, for their hard work along with ours, is reflected through our test scores and grades.LEC has, is and will continue to be a great place for me!
As a current sophomore in LEC, I can say that my experience has been unforgettable. Being an early college, we do not have as many teachers and students as a traditional high school. Having about 15 teachers has significantly impacted my experience at LEC. Lee Early College has begun very important relationships for me. Whether it's with teachers or students, I have created wonderful bonds in the 2 years that I have been in LEC. LEC is nothing compared to what I I thought it would be when I first applied. It has become a second family. The staff and students have been very supportive. I can not wait to continue to grow as a student for the next 2 years!