Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lee County High School is a public school located in Sanford, NC. It has 1,436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Lee County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+197 Students
- B193 Students
- A+182 Students
- A-174 Students
- B+145 Students
- B-143 Students
- B-138 Students
- B+135 Students
- B129 Students
- B-82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Lee County High School Reviews
Lee County High School is a good environment for students and staff. The staff is very well educated and stays up to date on recent changes in curriculum, the environment, government topics and more. Students have a wide variety of sports, activities, clubs, extra-curricular's, programs and electives they can choose from in order to receive a well-rounded education. From sports, like soccer and football, to clubs, like Show Choir and Red Cross, to honor societies, like National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society and National Technical Honor Society, there are so many different areas of study and areas of education for students to explore. The school is well-maintained and kept safe by the SRO's on campus everyday. Thank you for doing your best to prepare students for their future!
I am currently a senior at Lee County high school and the experience has been okay for me. I believe there is a lot of room for improvement at this school. In my opinion, a lot of the faculty asks very unprofessionally. It is very easy for students to skip class since students are not monitored very well. There is a huge problem with nicotine products on campus and fights. The arts are also very under appreciated and overshadows by sports. However, there are some positive aspects. There is a strong sense of unity within the school and they offer students the option to take college classes at the Central Carolina Community College campus across the street which is a great opportunity for many students.
I would rate Lee county High School as average, there are many reasons for this one of the main ones being the parent involvement in the 2 years I've been to this school the only reason my mom has ever had to go to the school is to sign of on my registration,while the school does have a open house it is generally in the middle of the school year and the day is seen as inconvenient from the feed back I've gotten back. One of the schools more better parts are the teachers most teachers go out of their way to help their students pass classes while still helping students learn.