- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
In 1845 when Henry David Thoreau first went on his famous trip to Walden Pond, a school was created in the North Maine Woods that would change the lives of generations of students from Maine and throughout the world. This school is Lee Academy, nestled amongst the woods and waters of some of America’s most beautiful natural surroundings.
Lee Academy bestows its students with a quality liberal arts education with a focus on placed-based, environmental and outdoor instruction. Lee inculcates strong character and civic minded citizens through its accepting diverse community, athletic programs, and outdoor adventures. Our alumni have gone on to become leaders in industry and technology, artists and entrepreneurs, adventurers and conservationists.
Lee provides a safe nurturing environment for you to discover your passions, as we open doors to the world for you. We invite you to join us in our lovely hamlet in the woods and find your dream. Come live deliberately, live Lee Academy.
Lee Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B48 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade C21 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade C+15 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade A8 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
- One Act33%
- Spirit Week17%
- Pep rallies8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses