Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Leavenworth Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Leavenworth, KS. It has 1,329 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Leavenworth Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-196 Students
- A187 Students
- B96 Students
- B+88 Students
- B88 Students
- B-78 Students
- B+75 Students
- B-73 Students
- B52 Students
- B-48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Leavenworth Senior High School
- BPlatte County High School
- Platte County R-III School District, MO
- 185 reviews
- B+Piper High School
- Piper-Kansas City Unified School District, KS
- 129 reviews
- B+Lansing High School
- Lansing Unified School District, KS
- 264 reviews
- APark Hill High School
- Park Hill School District, MO
- 344 reviews
Leavenworth Senior High School Reviews
I have had the great opportunity of attending Leavenworth High School. At this high school the staff really does care about you. We have some of the smartest, kindest, and caring teachers. I am able to express myself in so many ways and am lucky enough to have had people who care about what I have to say. The staff here really does want to see me succeed. They have worked super hard to hire a progressive staff that can relate to the students and help them with their high school careers and even further in life. I can't imagine not having gone to LHS. This is a warm community of people who want to see us all succeed and who also try their hardest to make it fun while we learn. Another thing worth mentioning is the classes! They have an incredible selection! There are many AP and creative branches to choose from. This, again, makes learning very fun and makes it easier. Although high school can be a bit boring at times, the staff at LHS does their best to spice things up.
I’m military so I’ve learned moved quite a bit but I have definitely met some of the best teachers and people at this school. It’s been very easy to make friends and become familiar with this school since I’ve lived here. I love the block schedule we have here because it makes it a lot easier to get work done. I would say the people at this school are very easy to get along with and overall I really enjoy being here. We also have an AMAZING theatre program and I love watching them perform. Obviously every school has its pros and cons but having gone to so many schools, this one is probably the best i’ve attended!
I really enjoyed being at Leavenworth. I was a military kid, so it was nice to have a high school that was near my home on base and still gave me an idea of what the real world was like. I think my teachers, particularly in math, were excellent. They inspired me to become a high school teacher myself! I also think that the school spirit there is very contagious, especially around big school events or games. I also believe that this is one of the better schools in the area. The faculty and staff tend to be very kind and excitable, even if they make awful puns every Thursday. The AP program does a decent job prepping for college life but is not fantastic. It takes a truly dedicated student to be able to do all the things those AP courses promise to do. I think there might be a bit too much pressure on younger students to head straight into AP right away. The transition from middle to high school, or even just between high schools, can be really difficult for some students.