Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+209 Students
- B+148 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-93 Students
- A-90 Students
- B-75 Students
- B75 Students
- A72 Students
- B+67 Students
- A-64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Leander High School Reviews
Review Leander High School
Overall, I have had a really positive experience with Leander High School. I transferred from Rouse High School in order to do the IB Programme and it has enriched my learning well beyond what any AP class ever have. The teachers and environment are friendly and there never appear to be any cases of bullying or any negative thing of that nature. I'm glad to be graduating as a Class of 2017 Leander Lion!
I really appreciate the diversity of the school and how many helpful and supportive teachers there are. I feel that many of my teachers here provide me with the personal attention I need in order to do well in my classes and I often enjoy many of the activities we do. Teachers here find ways to make lessons and classes engaging and interesting so that the students are more compelled and motivated to succeed and really learn the material. However, I do feel that the rules of attendance are rather unfair. Students planning to attend college following their senior year only have two college visits that will not count against attendance. For students like myself who applied to many programs, I have to go to many more college visits than just two and don't think it's fair that I will be penalized for looking at more schools in order to make the most important decision of my life thus far.
Parents are constantly coming in and out of the school to support their kids! Every college info. meeting or basketball game, I see a tons of LHS parents there to support! These parents even volunteer a crazy amount of time for this school. And even interact at academically stuff, including open houses and orientations. Lots of work coming from parents!