Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Le Mars High School is an above average, public school located in Le Mars, IA. It has 665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Le Mars High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A90 Students
- A65 Students
- B+61 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-46 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responses
- Spanish Club15%
- Music Events12%
- Cross Country4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Le Mars High School Reviews
Le Mars was supportive and offered lots of opportunities, but I felt that it wasn't very strong in the science department. The community around the school is strong, though. I think the teachers are dedicated and helpful for the most part. I wish the school offered more diverse language classes, though I understand that Spanish is the most practical language to learn. I also wish there were more classes offered in general. The middle school has an advanced English program, but the high school doesn't, so all the advanced kids get dropped back into the regular English class and have to review things they have already learned. I wish students had more say in the classes they get to take so they could mold their schedule to their interests (within reason, core classes are important).
A great environment with even better people! The town is clean, safe, fun, and caring. It is a great place to raise a family! The community supports each other at all times. I have never been in a better town!
This is probably true of most schools, but the emphasis here is not on learning but more on getting good grades and passing tests. Most of the teachers are not very excited about or interested in the subject they teach, which filters down to the students as well, and no one wants to learn, they just do the minimum amount of work to get by. However, in athletics most people have a good attitude and are willing to work hard to improve, and all of the coaches I have had are good. One great part of our school is the robotics club, and we have had great success in that and it has helped students to learn more about technology and engineering.