Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Laytonville High School is a public school located in Laytonville, CA. It has 110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B9 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+7 Students
- A6 Students
- B-5 Students
- A5 Students
- B+4 Students
- A-4 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Laytonville High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Laytonville High School Reviews
Of all the schools I have attended and teachers I have encountered, the staff at Laytonville High School are the best. They are not robots that drone on and are impassive about their surroundings. They are people that genuinely care about all of their students and are not afraid to show it. They are concerned about our well-being and are eager to see us thrive and excel at whatever we do. They definitely go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that we receive the best of everything. Recently, our college club had to go on a field trip to visit a college out of town. The college is about four hours away from our school and in order to arrive on time for registration, we had to leave at 4 AM. Despite having young children in need of attention, one of our teachers was willing to drive us all the way there without any objections. All the teachers can be characterized this way. They are always willing to do whatever it takes to help us succeed.
When it comes to sports manyt students get involved, almost everyone attends every football, or basketball games. Most of our gear is old but the school, and booster club try to keep up with new equipment. Laytonville high school cannot offer many programs but the students to get passionate about the sports.
The principle at LHS is a very environmentally friendly man, our guidance counselors and office staff are very strict but kind also. They truly care for all of the LHS students. Some of the policies are very well enforced, and others may be overly strict. The dress code is fair but the detention policy seems to be a bit strict.