Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Layton High School is an above average, public school located in Layton, UT. It has 1,981 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+801 Students
- B+721 Students
- A662 Students
- C+367 Students
- A+349 Students
- B274 Students
- C+253 Students
- B-175 Students
- B172 Students
- B+96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.62 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.62 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 190 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Layton High School Reviews
The academics at Layton High School are top notch. The teachers are all supportive and dedicated to their students, with clear qualifications to be teaching. In terms of extra curricular activities, there are many student made and run clubs that express passion from the student body. Including but not limited to debate, national honor society, robotics, e-sports, green club, and gay straight alliance; there are options for every one! Athletics at Layton High show team work and perseverance, with a supportive student body behind them. The only place Layton High School falls short is in administrative support. The admin continues to ignore reports of racism and sexism, instead favoring the accused over the accuser. This has created a separation between students and admin, with teachers stuck in the middle between defending their students or supporting their bosses.
I loved the faculty at Layton High, they made learning fun and created a safe learning environment! The administration was also really good as they were involved in the students lives and had fun alongside of us. Without the teachers and administrators the school wouldn’t be the same at all, they were amazing!
Layton offers a variety of classes to teach the foundation of various subjects and interests. There are a lot of caring teachers and staff to help guide and mentor each student and with all the many personalities you are likely to find one you vibe with and can reach you on a more personal level. My child has found a love in art and history due to the teachers who have been supportive and able to teach on a level that she is able to feel comfortable with and that has helped her a great deal!