Lawton Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Lawton, IA. It has 267 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Lawton Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A22 Students
- B+21 Students
- A19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- C+12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Lawton Junior/Senior High School
- B-Hinton High School
- Hinton Community School District, IA
- 76 reviews
- B-Kingsley-Pierson High School
- Kingsley-Pierson Community School District, IA
- 40 reviews
- B+Woodbury Central High School
- Woodbury Central Community School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- A-Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School
- Sergeant Bluff-Luton Community School District, IA
- 66 reviews
Lawton Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Small class sizes mean more 1 on 1 time with teachers. We were held accountable and encouraged to do better.
We have a wide variety of extracurricular activities at our school. Many people in our school choose to focus on the athletic activities rather than the academic activities. The academic extracurricular activities often get forgotten about and no one really seems to care about them. Most people choose to join athletic activities in order to maintain a social status at our school. However, many of the teachers and school board members appreciate the academic activities as well.
Most of the students who participate in sports have a very good attitude while doing so. Many of the students try to attend all the games, even if they are four to five hours away! We are a small community supporting our small team.