Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lawton High School is an above average, public school located in Lawton, MI. It has 290 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Lawton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+74 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+38 Students
- A34 Students
- C+30 Students
- B-29 Students
- A+22 Students
- A13 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Lawton High School
- B-Gobles High School
- Gobles Public School District, MI
- 58 reviews
- B-Decatur High School
- Decatur Public Schools, MI
- 40 reviews
- B+Paw Paw High School
- Paw Paw Public School District, MI
- 180 reviews
- C+Marcellus High School
- Marcellus Community Schools, MI
- 38 reviews
Lawton High School Reviews
Lawton High School is the ideal small town school. From morning math class to Friday night football, the people of Lawton are close-knit and personable. The staff at LHS is unmatched. Held to high standards, teachers and administrators work diligently to ensure that students are reaching their full potential and thriving during their high school years. Extra curriculars, such as sports and the arts, are well-funded when necessary, due to the hard work of the members of the community. The only area in which it can be improved upon is diversity. Multiculturalism is a vital aspect of life, and should be highly encouraged in adolescence. However, located in rural southwest Michigan, there isn't much diversity as it is. While Lawton may not have the most ethnic diversity, there are numerous elements that positively counterbalance that. Overall, the small-scale community's support for the school and the well-being of its students truly makes Lawton High School a great place to learn.
The opportunities that the school provided, like the number of clubs and sports. What I think should be improved on is the way certain teachers work with their students, most are good at their jobs, but there is always that one teacher everyone complains about.
The staff at Lawton High School is very respectful and helpful, but there needs to be something done about bullying. Students get away with a lot that should not be going on in school. Staff needs to become more involved on preventing this issue.