Lawton Chiles High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A345 Students
- A+168 Students
- B-153 Students
- A-137 Students
- B+69 Students
- A-69 Students
- A+45 Students
- B44 Students
- B34 Students
- B-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Lawton Chiles High School Reviews
Review Lawton Chiles High School
Lawton Chiles High School has numerous opportunities for it's (almost) 2,000 students. There's a variety of varsity and junior varsity sports to participate in. In addition, there are many clubs to join such as National Honor Society, Anchor, Newspaper, and even a Garden Club! Most of the teachers are great, and there's at least one every year which truly impacts my life. What makes Chiles unique is the timber wolf (our mascot) statue in the center. Also, our school is spread out, consisting of many buildings. It's nice being able to walk outside when walking from class to class. Overall, I've had a great experience at Lawton Chiles High School.
As a senior I have learned to love Chiles because they push you to challenge yourself with academics causing you to be prepared with the difficulties of college, they also have quite a bit of diversity and clubs so finding a group of friends to last you all four years is not hard, and finally they have great student and faculty managed events such as relay for life and the talent show that anyone can attend. One factor that is important to not only me but others as well is safety. Safety at Chiles is superior to the other schools because we participate in drills and protocol that helps each student and faculty understand the procedure if anything were to happen. Overall, Lawton Chiles High School is a beneficial school for anyone attending high school for the first time or transferring from another.
It's an academically successful school that offers many advanced classes. The teachers are friendly and interesting as well as competent. Campus safety, in terms of drugs, fights, bullying is quite low; I was never involved or even witnessed any drug use or noticeable bullying. The 4000 student population is rather small so it offers a closer and more intimate relationship between students and faculties. My experience has been, although not as good as the perfect picture one might paint, it has never been too terrible. Overall i enjoyed my time here in Lawton Chiles High School and I wouldn't mind sending my future kids here one day.