Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lawson High School is an above average, public school located in Lawson, MO. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Lawson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-39 Students
- B29 Students
- B27 Students
- B+19 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B-11 Students
- NG10 Students
- B9 Students
- C8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lawson High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Lawson High School
- B-Lathrop High School
- Lathrop R-II School District, MO
- 17 reviews
- BKearney High School
- Kearney R-I School District, MO
- 194 reviews
- A-Liberty North High School
- Liberty School District, MO
- 227 reviews
- BExcelsior Springs High School
- Excelsior Springs School District, MO
- 107 reviews
Lawson High School Reviews
Our school is a wonderful place in a wonderful town. You will definitely feel right at home here. Everyone is very nice a respectful, most of the teachers are very helpful, and the school is in the middle of rebuilding and adding on new rooms. The school does a lot of different activities and clubs to raise awareness of different teen related things and to help protect students. There are a few glitches here and there when it comes to some of the teachers or administration staff but for the most part all of the staff is very helpful.
The lunch staff tries its best to give us good meals. I do not eat school lunches, I bring my own, but I see what all of my friends meals look like and I am not highly impressed. They reuse a lot of food for days, food that shouldn't be reused like lettuce. The portion sizes are very small, in fact they are the same portions elementary school kids are eating. They do not have very good tasting food because they are trying to keep us healthy. There is not a lot of variety; usually they try to have different main course food every day but the side dishes are usually the same: fruit, salad, muffin/cookie, or bread.
I feel that our teachers are all extremely well educated and the majority of them genuinely care about the students and try to engage all types of students. There are very few teacher who do not show these characteristics.