Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Lawrence Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Lawrence, MI. It has 293 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Lawrence Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+63 Students
- B-46 Students
- A42 Students
- C-33 Students
- A+29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+21 Students
- B16 Students
- B+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Lawrence Junior/Senior High School
- B-Hartford High School
- Hartford Public Schools, MI
- 56 reviews
- B-South Haven High School
- South Haven Public Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
- B-Union High School
- Dowagiac Union School District, MI
- 43 reviews
- B-Decatur High School
- Decatur Public Schools, MI
- 40 reviews
Lawrence Junior/Senior High School Reviews
As much as I loved going to small school where everyone knew each other l there wasn’t much opportunity as far as academics and such go. We had no option to raise or GPA other than with dual enrollment classes and if we did that we would miss out on other opportunities such as the Van Buren Tech Center which has helped me so much along the way. We also never seem to keep a teacher very long. Since I started at the Jr/Sr high I have lost about 7 teachers and are on our 3rd principal. One of my main concerns about this school is the lack of communication among the employees and students throughout the school. Nobody ever seems to be on the right page till about a week after the event has happened. Other than those few things I enjoyed my time at Lawrence jr/sr High and thank all the teachers and staff for getting me to where I am today.
First of all, every teacher at Lawrence is kind, caring and helpful to their students. The teachers are supportive of their students and will put forth a big effort to help them succeed. I think things are great at Lawrence but the attendance policy is hard to deal with. With 4 absences giving you a detention it makes no sense to further push a kid that hasn't shown up to not let them come back to class to learn. But overall Lawrence is a great school with amazing staff!
At Lawrence I liked to see how everyone knew everyone else. That is because it is such a small school, but because its a small school they haven't had the chance to create an actual STEM program which I think they would majorly benefit from. Not only do they need a STEM program but they also need to improve the quality of the school lunches and also the administration. Almost all of the teachers are excellent in preparing you for not only college and life with the limited resources are available.