Lawrence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lawrenceville, NJ. It has 1,157 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A249 Students
- A-176 Students
- B102 Students
- A-89 Students
- A+87 Students
- A82 Students
- C79 Students
- B78 Students
- B74 Students
- A-73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Lawrence High School
- B+Bensalem Township High School
- Bensalem Township School District, PA
- 353 reviews
- AHightstown High School
- East Windsor Regional School District, NJ
- 279 reviews
- AMonroe Township High School
- Monroe Township School District, NJ
- 282 reviews
- B+Burlington Township High School
- Burlington Township Board of Education, NJ
- 411 reviews
Lawrence High School Reviews
Lawrence High School was an amazing school! They always wanted students to lead, achieve, and succeed. More than 80% of Lawrence High School students have joined an after school club, organization, or sports team. Seniors also have the privileged to use out-to-lunch which many schools don't offer. Whenever I struggled in academics, upperclassmen, staff, and tutors were always willing to help me! I also joined the tennis team in senior year and managed to make varsity during tennis season. The coach always makes sure that everybody has an opportunity to play, because he knows that we are all here because of our passion for tennis. Lawrence High School truly made me feel that I can make major strides in life with handwork and effort.
In my experience, Lawrence High School is very welcoming and understanding. I have some mental health issues that the school has been accommodating of and it's been very helpful in transitioning back to school. I like the range of classes that are available and the teachers are all very good in the way they teach. I personally think that one of the best things at our school are our English teachers. However, I'm biased since English is my favorite subject. Overall I would say that the school environment is amazing except for that one bathroom that has a big dent in one of the stalls so you can't even enter it. Otherwise, everything is amazing. The students are amazing as well since they tend to be very welcoming. Sometimes there is a lot of drama among specific people but the situations aren't so big that everyone knows about it.
I am an alumni of LHS who was very involved in clubs and sports! I had a great time going to high school here, and made connections with teachers I will never forget. I think that Lawrence is a great school for all types of students and truly is so diverse in so many ways. Going to college made me realize how fortunate I was to be a student in the Lawrence township public school system.