Lawrence High School
- Lawrenceville, NJ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Lawrence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lawrenceville, NJ. It has 1,144 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A292 Students
- grade A minus207 Students
- grade B+109 Students
- grade A+105 Students
- grade A minus99 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade A minus85 Students
- grade C84 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responses
- Mr. LHS29%
- No one can to walk on the school symbol15%
- Senior pranks11%
- Sports psyches9%
- Coffee house8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,275 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 45 responses
Schools like Lawrence High School
- grade B+Bensalem Township High School
- Bensalem Township School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 366 reviews
- grade AHightstown High School
- East Windsor Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 295 reviews
- grade AMonroe Township High School
- Monroe Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 303 reviews
- grade B+Burlington Township High School
- Burlington Township Board of Education, NJ
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 424 reviews
Lawrence High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 258 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Lawrence High School was an amazing school! They always wanted students to lead, achieve, and succeed. More than 80% of Lawrence High School students have joined an after school club, organization, or sports team. Seniors also have the privileged to use out-to-lunch which many schools don't offer. Whenever I struggled in academics, upperclassmen, staff, and tutors were always willing to help me! I also joined the tennis team in senior year and managed to make varsity during tennis season. The coach always makes sure that everybody has an opportunity to play, because he knows that we are all here because of our passion for tennis. Lawrence High School truly made me feel that I can make major strides in life with handwork and effort.
Lawrence High School made my highschool experience amazing. The principal, Dr. Adams, and other administrative assistants, as well as the teachers, instructors, and other staff truly cared about their students and creating a well-rounded, stable environment for teenagers to learn. I feel as if I received a quality education while learning from teachers who I now view as role models. There are a variety of different classes to chose from, spanning from regular courses to honors to AP which caters to differing student needs. Many of the teachers in the school make classes extremely interesting with fun yet educational labs (specifically the AP science courses). I am extremely grateful and happy that I attended Lawrence High School and received the rounded, quality education I have.
Lawrence High School is an average school. Most of the teachers there are good. Although most of them are good there are still quite a few that are bad, and those teacher will make it hard for you to do good, which will affect you in the long run. Another subject where they can do better is with all the drugs and fighting. There is a lot more fighting in the school than what you would think. There has been a few fights during class and at lunch time, but there is a lot more fights going on in the bathroom, or afterschool,( because of events in school). There is also a lot of drug use in the school, most of the drug use happens in the bathroom, or during class when the teacher isn't looking. Even though this school has problems, it has a lot of good things too. IT has a lot of electives and classes to choose from. The facility members are kind and friendly. There are a lot of clubs to choose from. Our plays are awesome. In conclusion Lawrence High School is an average school.