Lawrence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lawrence, KS. It has 1,609 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A350 Students
- A134 Students
- B+119 Students
- B80 Students
- B75 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+62 Students
- B45 Students
- C42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Lawrence High School
- ALawrence Free State High School
- Lawrence Unified School District, KS
- 344 reviews
- B+Shawnee Heights High School
- Shawnee Heights Unified School District, KS
- 186 reviews
- BPerry-Lecompton High School
- Perry Public Schools, KS
- 77 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 84 reviews
Lawrence High School Reviews
My experience was amazing, I was able to learn and focus and become an adult. I could not be happier to attend this school. They feel safe, my homeworks are challenging and im able to bond and make significant relationships with their friends. The teacher use ClassDojo so we are always in touch, communication is excellent!
There is liquid from the lightbulbs falling, right near my locker. They have trash cans there to catch this shiny brown liquid. This has been going for quite some time now. They aren't fixing it because they are starting renovations next year, which I won't be there. Other than this flaw, my high school is okay. What makes up for the bats in the ceilings and the occasional mouse in the lunch room, is that fact that they have great teachers. The teachers at Lawrence High really want their students to succeed. When you have someone who believes in you, it is easier to ignore the creatures and liquid.
I went to Lawrence High School all throughout high school and was involved in a multitude of activities. This school is very progressive and despite the lack of funding from the state, this school still somehow manages to flourish. The administration, however, is really not that good. They consistently favor athletes and put the majority of school funding into sports. The arts receive little to no funding from the school. Every time an athlete or group of athletes get in trouble they receive very little punishment.