Lawrence High School is a public school located in Fairfield, ME. It has 652 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lawrence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+117 Students
- C+63 Students
- B60 Students
- C+52 Students
- B47 Students
- B-45 Students
- C+41 Students
- C35 Students
- A-33 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Lawrence High School
- BWaterville Senior High School
- Waterville Public Schools, ME
- 113 reviews
- C-Mt. View High School
- Regional School Unit No. 03 (MSAD 03), ME
- 111 reviews
- B-Winslow High School
- Winslow Public Schools, ME
- 79 reviews
- B-Messalonskee High School
- Regional School Unit No. 18 (MSAD 18), ME
- 124 reviews
Lawrence High School Reviews
Lawrence has always gotten negative reactions from many other schools in the area, but it’s not as bad as everyone believes it to be. When it comes to academics, teachers care, and administration is becoming a lot stricter with grades and how much effort students are giving. In the past three years that I’ve been there, a lot has changed. While Lawrence exceeds at sports (mostly in Football and Basketball), there has been a lot more focus on college-readiness. The typical student (as long as they meet the requirements) can join any honors, college, or AP class that they please. Typically, in harder classes, teachers pay more attention and care about the topic is taught. And when it comes to standardized tests, Lawrence makes sure you’re prepared. SAT prep courses are provided through Colby College and the school—so students can get ready ahead of time. And, not to sound too cocky, Lawrence actually had the highest SAT scores in the area (we went from the 900s to 1000s).
I got an education from Lawrence High School. I had some great teachers that shaped my view on life and my view on what I would do with my life. Unfortunately I am ill and I did not find much help through administration with my illness, even with doctors notes and legal plans put in place to help me. I stand by the education I received at LHS but administration needs a restructuring.
So far my experience at Lawrence High School has been very good. My teachers are wonderful and are very focused on you being successful. We are a very tradition based school, Homecoming week is huge!