Lawrence County High School is a public, magnet school located in Monticello, MS. It has 602 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Lawrence County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-69 Students
- A-66 Students
- A59 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-25 Students
- B24 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Lawrence County High School Reviews
My experience at LCHS (Lawrence County High School) was great. I learned many of things dealing with school and not dealing with school. It is a great place to be and provides a family atmosphere. What I would like to see changed at LCHS is to have more classes or electives to choose from. For example, the school doesn't have an art class which is something a lot people would love to get into. Many people don't want to be limited to very few options in such a great place like LCHS. That is my experience, what I have learned, and what I think should be changed at Lawrence County High School.
It is a regular school. Most of the teachers are genuine, good teachers but there are some that don't teach at all. Then again, there are a couple of teachers that, in my opinion, the best teachers ever and have greatly impacted my learning. The students are generally respectful but they can also get extremely rowdy and difficult to contain. A lot of the rules regarding uniforms and cellphones change yearly and sometimes, even by semester. We can not have phones at all, even during breaks and lunch. We can only wear polo shirts or expensive red, gray, or black school shirts. Most of the school participates in extracurricular activities but there are not many unathletic activities and almost none involving art or theater. Football rules and everyone else has to fun raise like crazy but the town is very supportive so it is not difficult to do.
This district use to be known for their academics and athletics. We had students receiving scholarships academically as well as athletics. However, with change in administration we have gone way below our expectations as a district.