Lawrence County High School is a public school located in Louisa, KY. It has 692 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lawrence County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-174 Students
- B-102 Students
- A-101 Students
- C+84 Students
- C68 Students
- B-60 Students
- A-47 Students
- B-36 Students
- C+33 Students
- B-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Lawrence County High School Reviews
There is a lot of great things about Lawrence County Schools. One of the most things I will forever hold with me is the spirt and pride we have for our school. Also another great thing about our school is the students, we all bond together it’s not full of clicks. Our school is very strict on the dress code. The dress code is no holes above the knees , spaghetti straps or showing any type of bra strap. One poor thing about our school is the connection the students have with the staff, mainly the teachers. Most of the teachers have their favorites or you just simply can’t ask them a question without getting a smart remark back. That tears down a students confidence so if a kid isn’t understanding the lesson the teacher is giving and they’re afraid to get shot down with a smart remark they will refuse to raise their hand for help and simply fail to understand the lesson.
Lawrence County High School is a great place to learn and grow. While attending, students get educated by a well-trained, caring staff that pushes students in the right direction. It’s a fun, safe environment that encourages involvement and positive attitudes.
Lawrence County High School was the best thing I could ever ask for. The school has guided me to where I am today, and the reason I can be so successful. Without the wonderful and dedicated staff who knows where I'd be today. I would like to see the cafeteria choices change a little bit.