Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Lawrence County Career & Technical Center is a public school located in New Castle, PA. It has 367 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lawrence County Career & Technical Center Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B41 Students
- B-25 Students
- B25 Students
- A24 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-15 Students
- C14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Lawrence County Career & Technical Center
- C+Lowellville High School
- Lowellville Local School District, OH
- 35 reviews
- C+New Castle Junior/Senior High School
- New Castle Area School District, PA
- 114 reviews
- B-Beaver Falls Area Senior High School
- Big Beaver Falls Area School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- C+Laurel Junior/Senior High School
- Laurel School District, PA
- 84 reviews
Lawrence County Career & Technical Center Reviews
My teachers from Lcctc have been phenomenal. they have taught me much more than teachers at my home school. They have unique ways of teaching to make sure their material gets through to you, if one is not grasping it for any reason they go out of their way to make sure they understand it. I've had minimal issues with the teachers and staff here, they take great care of their students when it comes to preparing them for the real world, making sure they're safe and comfortable, and when one is having personal issues not only do they take action but they are empathetic as a teacher and just as a normal human being. The shops are great as well. They are simulated to be as close to the real world work environments as possible. We go through various real life tests and get as prepared as possible for what we would like to do in life. The only issue I personally have with this school is that we need more elective class options.
LCCTC is a school where everyone fits in and everyone has friends. I wouldn't choose any other high school to attend. I'd say that LCCTC is my second home; the teachers and staff are caring and supportive, the students are warm and welcoming, and the atmosphere is great. There is plenty of academic support when it is needed and you get to learn a trade that you usually wouldn't get to learn at a usual high school.
My experience was rated poor overall, based on the fact that our administrator does not care about the overall well-being of the students who go here. I wish I would've stayed at my home school. Luckily, dealing with all the agony that has occurred here, I will at least be graduating with a certification in Commercial and Advertising arts.