- INDIANAPOLIS, IN
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Dear Lawrence Central Visitor:
Welcome to the home of the Lawrence Central Bears - a comprehensive high school with the mission of serving the needs of a diverse population. This diversity is one of the qualities that makes Lawrence Central a great environment for learning.
The rich academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs; the quality support of the community; and a caring and highly professional staff are among the many characteristics of Lawrence Central that creates an atmosphere that promotes success for all. Our district motto of Achievement, Integrity and Service guides our behavior in a “knowledge work” organization.
Please enjoy your visit on the web and feel free to visit or call if we can be of service to you.
Lawrence Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A658 Students
- grade B580 Students
- grade B570 Students
- grade C+412 Students
- grade A+371 Students
- grade B305 Students
- grade A minus277 Students
- grade B145 Students
- grade C+123 Students
- grade B114 Students
The Pride of 56th St.
At LC, we are proud that our academic and extra-curricular opportunities are as rich and diverse as our student body. Award winning programs abound, not only for the academically gifted, but also for those with gifts in the performing arts, journalism, speech and debate, the arts and athletics. Our classrooms strive to match the intellectual, behavioral and social needs of all students.
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 62 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 62 responses
- Football Games30%
- Rival sport events22%
- Spirit week12%
- Performing Arts events10%
- Spirt day our school come up with good ideas5%
- We don't have any4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 87 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 90 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 90 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 90 responses