COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Lawrence Academy continues to closely monitor the situation presented by COVID-19, and we are in constant contact with state and local public health officials and other relevant parties to inform the school's decision making. Please check the link for consistent updates on how the Lawrence Academy community is handling COVID-19 and supporting our students and families during this time. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Lawrence Academy, a coeducational independent boarding school for 400 boarding and day students in grades 9 through 12, is located in Groton, Massachusetts. Our mission focuses on recognizing students for who they are; inspiring them to take responsibility for who they want to become, and empowering them to take action for the greater good. LA prides itself on a compassionate culture. Individualized learning and empowerment is a cornerstone of our program; a focus that extends beyond the classroom to athletics, the arts, clubs, community service, and experiential learning (via our Winterim program). Skilled at “teaching for understanding,” faculty use innovative methods to help students learn in the way best suited for them. The daily Advisory system uses student needs and passions to help build pathways to individual goals and aspirations. We seek to see students grow in knowledge, confidence, and empathy; able to make a meaningful contribution to the world once they leave our campus.
Lawrence Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+27 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+16 Students
- A14 Students
- A+12 Students
- A12 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Lawrence Academy Reviews
The school led by the Heed of School Dan Schiebe has been outstanding with regard to the COVID-19 situation. All of his communication has been thoughtful and timely. He has encouraged all of the students to take away something positive from the experience and has stressed resilience in his communications and in the spring curriculum. As a parent I have felt welcome at the school and encouraged to join various parent committees that have enriched my experience and allowed me to see first hand what an amazing place Lawrence Academy is!