Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Lavaca High School is a public school located in Lavaca, AR. It has 250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Lavaca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+92 Students
- B77 Students
- A-54 Students
- B45 Students
- B19 Students
- A13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+11 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Lavaca High School Reviews
Lavaca High School was where I made friends with people that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t have them in my life. It’s also where I learned how to be more out going. Despite meeting great people I would like to see more electives, AP classes, and art classes.
It was okay. The teachers where great! If you needed help all you had to go do was ask. They were willing to help. The sports teams overall are Farley decent making it fun to go to the games.
My experience at Lavaca High School was like no other school ever. I did come from a big school with 4oo+ kids in my class which was in Greenwood, Ar., then I moved to Lavaca and went to school with less than 5o kids in my class. The teachers were very nice and if you needed any help with anything you were sure to get it. Coaches and staff and all team mates were sure to make you welcome to join a new team or to become part of a club. I did love my 3 years at Lavaca High and I will cherish all the memories made. I however will miss going to school every day because Lavaca did not give me a reason to not want to be in a place an learn.