Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Lassen High School is a public school located in Susanville, CA. It has 778 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lassen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-93 Students
- B+78 Students
- B+71 Students
- A-56 Students
- A53 Students
- A+49 Students
- A48 Students
- B+47 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Lassen High School Reviews
My experience at Lassen High School has been great. Compared to other students, I haven't been the most involved, but one High School aspect that I've been involved in is their FFA program. The Agricultural teachers are the best I've ever heard of and care so much about their students and train them for competitions and adult life. The school is also making a large effort to teach seniors how to be an adult, with 30 minute classes every other Wednesday such as taxes, cooking with a budget, changing tires, and oil changes. Lassen High School has also recently taken measures to make the campus safer, and is making students mental health their top priority. Therefore my experience has been great, not perfect though.
It is a school where someone can succeed if they are self-motivated and learn okay on their own. However, they dumb their materials down. Since it is located in a prison town, most graduates aren't looking at college. If they are, it's usually Lassen Community College. This school does not prepare students for higher education very well; the students have to take that upon themselves.
Lassen High is kind of mediocre. Some of the staff is enthusiastic, and our new We R Lassen program makes things a little better, but a lot of the teachers aren't what I would expect or want, especially for Honors or AP classes. The campus looks nice(ish), but the school itself isn't that great and I can't wait to leave. Most of these ratings are really more like a 2.5 than a 3.