Laramie High School is a highly rated, public school located in Laramie, WY. It has 1,001 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Laramie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-313 Students
- B-69 Students
- A-51 Students
- A22 Students
- A-21 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Laramie High School Reviews
New school building is great! Parking- not so much- New football field, soccer, tennis, swimming pool, score boards -top notch athletics except they didn't measure properly to have the soccer fields be correct to hold state events there. New bball gyms are too small but the weight room is great. The new head principal is also very good. Math department is the best. Still have some negative nellies in a few of the departments. My little sister gets to reap the benefits of the new stuff. Everyone still misses the old school. School spirit needs to be improved on to make it more community like.
The thing I loved about Laramie High School was there was something for everyone. The diverse amount of clubs really mad everyone feel welcome. The teachers were amazing and with it being a smaller school setting, it really felt like they cared about each students success and just over-all well-being. I was presented with many opportunities to go abroad and other once in a lifetime chances. This school really is the best!
Laramie Senior High School is a typical high school, with a small student body due to the fact that it is in such a small town. The clubs are what I remember most, and I was able to travel abroad with my choir and perform with some of my closest friends in cities like London, Paris, Zermatt, and Florence. Another great feature of Laramie High School is that it is located in the same town as the University of Wyoming, which brings in many opportunities in the arts as well as great faculty members and speakers.