Laporte High School is an above average, public school located in LaPorte, IN. It has 2,129 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Laporte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A256 Students
- A+253 Students
- B+198 Students
- B-183 Students
- B+181 Students
- C+124 Students
- B-117 Students
- A-104 Students
- B89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Laporte High School
- C+River Valley Middle/High School
- River Valley School District, MI
- 52 reviews
- BWashington Township Middle/High School
- East Porter County School Corporation, IN
- 38 reviews
- COregon-Davis Junior/Senior High School
- Oregon-Davis School Corporation, IN
- 37 reviews
- B-New Prairie High School
- New Prairie United School Corporation, IN
- 250 reviews
Laporte High School Reviews
The teachers are great here! They actually care about the students, and bring diverse topics into their teaching style. The administration is a little out of touch (the dress code is a bit sexist, there are days that snow days could have been useful or unnecessary). The students are okay, meaning some of them don't care and others do. The school's precautions against school shooters are also very weak, many of the things they do to prepare us will not actually help if there is an active shooter in the building.
Great high school with lovable teachers and it grows more and more. The latest extension to the school was a complete remodel and expansion of the auditorium. It looks amazing. The music programs at the school flourish, and there are a number of clubs to be a part of, but no matter what you try out at LPHS, you are sure to love it! I also need to mention the wide array of different classes that fit all interests. You'll be left stuck trying to decide which elective classes to take!
Within our community, including that of the students attending our nearby elementary, middle, and La Porte High School, I would say that we are closely linked together. Since elementary La Porte has gradually started to introduce children together into the community until we reached high school were we all finally get to know our neighbors from nearby and way out far by the county line. This creates a diversity in our community is it shows how despite living in the same county we all live very different lives or maybe even very similar lifestyles. La Porte High School promotes our individualities and independence through their extracurricular activities were the students can decide and form their own organizations through their handmade petitions and suggestions to those around them. Our musical program has always managed to earn gold in their competitions, the band competing in state and participating in popular parade even in states as far away as Florida.