L'Anse Creuse High School - North is an above average, public, magnet school located in Macomb, MI. It has 1,895 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
L'Anse Creuse High School - North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B386 Students
- A339 Students
- B+266 Students
- B232 Students
- B+200 Students
- A+190 Students
- C+188 Students
- B+182 Students
- B131 Students
- B-102 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Schools like L'Anse Creuse High School - North
- B+L'Anse Creuse High School
- L'Anse Creuse Public Schools, MI
- 145 reviews
- B-Algonac Junior/Senior High School
- Algonac Community School District, MI
- 61 reviews
- B+Chippewa Valley High School
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 351 reviews
- A-Dakota High School
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 443 reviews
L'Anse Creuse High School - North Reviews
My experience at L'Anse Creuse High School - North s very different than other schools that I have been to. Their education at L'Anse Creuse is very good. Students can learn so much, and you can get the help that you need. Most teachers there are very nice and so supportive that they would love to see you succeed. What I like about north is their encouragement to get students involved in activities to bring students together. The staff tried to improve the social atmosphere to become a more positive school. Something that I would like to see change at L'Anse Creuse High School - North are their rules. The "No backpacks, no coats" rule is understandable because of safety precautions, but the school could be more lenient on their rules to students who have medical issues.
I enjoy the academics offered at this school, for it has a wide variety of different subjects for the different types of students involved in the school. Each class challenges the students in a way of it’s own. With these challengers each student grows into a specific individual who can pursue a career in the field of interest that they choose. The teachers are some of the greatest with an exception a few. However, within my four years of attending this school I have had nothing but positive results. This will allow me to be successful because I will continue to want to learn about the topic of my choice. Also in this school is a wide variety of administration that for the most part they are always trying to help out the students or the parents with questions or concern. This school has its negatives like every other school, but is a great school and I know that I will never regret attending because it made me into the successful person I am today who has a bright future ahead.
L'Anse Creuse High School is a very good high school in Macomb County. Of course there is always room for improvement. My children have been very successful in this district. The career training and performing arts programs are fantastic. Lots of opportunities. Sports programs are good, some better than others. Overall we have been extremely happy with our experience with LCN.