L'Anse Creuse High School - North is an above average, public, magnet school located in Macomb, MI. It has 1,869 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
L'Anse Creuse High School - North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B347 Students
- A+302 Students
- B+232 Students
- B+203 Students
- C+173 Students
- B+170 Students
- A+162 Students
- B+156 Students
- B121 Students
- B-84 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Schools like L'Anse Creuse High School - North
- B+L'Anse Creuse High School
- L'Anse Creuse Public Schools, MI
- 135 reviews
- C+Algonac Junior/Senior High School
- Algonac Community School District, MI
- 58 reviews
- B+Chippewa Valley High School
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 342 reviews
- A-Dakota High School
- Chippewa Valley Schools, MI
- 412 reviews
L'Anse Creuse High School - North Reviews
My experience at L'Anse Creuse High School - North s very different than other schools that I have been to. Their education at L'Anse Creuse is very good. Students can learn so much, and you can get the help that you need. Most teachers there are very nice and so supportive that they would love to see you succeed. What I like about north is their encouragement to get students involved in activities to bring students together. The staff tried to improve the social atmosphere to become a more positive school. Something that I would like to see change at L'Anse Creuse High School - North are their rules. The "No backpacks, no coats" rule is understandable because of safety precautions, but the school could be more lenient on their rules to students who have medical issues.
I enjoy the academics offered at this school, for it has a wide variety of different subjects for the different types of students involved in the school. Each class challenges the students in a way of it’s own. With these challengers each student grows into a specific individual who can pursue a career in the field of interest that they choose. The teachers are some of the greatest with an exception a few. However, within my four years of attending this school I have had nothing but positive results. This will allow me to be successful because I will continue to want to learn about the topic of my choice. Also in this school is a wide variety of administration that for the most part they are always trying to help out the students or the parents with questions or concern. This school has its negatives like every other school, but is a great school and I know that I will never regret attending because it made me into the successful person I am today who has a bright future ahead.
As a soon-to-be graduate of LCN, I know most of the students, teachers, administrators and others associated with the school. My review is 100% honest and reliable. My best advice for parents of incoming freshmen is do not send your child to school here for the athletics, they will not benefit one bit. The heads of the athletic department are lazy and put money into the wrong projects; most money goes into our football program (who recently went 1-8 this season). The culture is terrible and attitudes lack positivity and the will to work... at all.