Langston Hughes High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+324 Students
- B+310 Students
- B-167 Students
- A-165 Students
- B-114 Students
- B-111 Students
- C106 Students
- A-101 Students
- A+88 Students
- C+78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Langston Hughes High School Reviews
Review Langston Hughes High School
I loved attending Langston Hughes! In my opinion it was not a bad school. I was involved in cheer-leading and football is such a popular sport at this school! Homecoming and playing our biggest rivals like Creekside and Westlake is not only big for Langston but the community as a whole. In 11th grade i became the SGA President of the school and loved planning the homecoming events and activities to get the whole school in the spirit! The school is unique is because even though it is majority African American, the students are very different. Not all of the students dress alike, have different personalities and are highly creative with the arts. I would go back because being involved allowed me to make some of the greatest friends I have to this day. I also learned a lot from my advisers that I will take into the real world.
The extracurricular activities at this school has always been awesome. In several different organizations and clubs we have, there are great opportunities. For example, Graphic Design! Yes we are always in a classroom making designs and doing assignments that the teacher put in front of us. But don't be fooled! We aren't the only one's that see the great works of our fellow classmates. The teacher, Ms. Jackson, would enter us in many competitions. Over the past year an a half that I've been at Langston Hughes High School, two people have won the gold medal and 2 have won the silver medal. Til this day, we still see their designs in Scad's conventional center.
My experience at Langston hushes was something I was not accustomed to. I came from a private school and attending Langston was a huge change. There were no restrictions, the teachers didn't have a connection with the students and the education is poor compared to other schools. I love there athletic program and also the sports and clubs that you are able to join. I am sga Vice President, French club Vice President , beta club and fbla. These clubs have shown me how to work with others and how important school involvement is. I would change the teacher participation and also the level of education we are receiving in the school. I would also want the school to inform students on the necessity to be college ready and the importance of it .