Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+432 Students
- A+382 Students
- B-262 Students
- B+226 Students
- B-163 Students
- C147 Students
- B145 Students
- B-143 Students
- A-140 Students
- C+135 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Langston Hughes High School Reviews
Review Langston Hughes High School
I loved attending Langston Hughes! In my opinion it was not a bad school. I was involved in cheer-leading and football is such a popular sport at this school! Homecoming and playing our biggest rivals like Creekside and Westlake is not only big for Langston but the community as a whole. In 11th grade i became the SGA President of the school and loved planning the homecoming events and activities to get the whole school in the spirit! The school is unique is because even though it is majority African American, the students are very different. Not all of the students dress alike, have different personalities and are highly creative with the arts. I would go back because being involved allowed me to make some of the greatest friends I have to this day. I also learned a lot from my advisers that I will take into the real world.
The extracurricular activities at this school has always been awesome. In several different organizations and clubs we have, there are great opportunities. For example, Graphic Design! Yes we are always in a classroom making designs and doing assignments that the teacher put in front of us. But don't be fooled! We aren't the only one's that see the great works of our fellow classmates. The teacher, Ms. Jackson, would enter us in many competitions. Over the past year an a half that I've been at Langston Hughes High School, two people have won the gold medal and 2 have won the silver medal. Til this day, we still see their designs in Scad's conventional center.
I like the opportunities to get involved with Langston Hughes. A student there has many options as far as clubs, sports, and academic opportunities. MOWR (Move on when ready)/dual enrollment, AP classes and college readiness classes such as AVID are highly promoted at Langston Hughes High School. There are fights that occur from time to time, but School staff take measures to decrease violence and dangerous incidents on campus, thus, making it much safer. The students are heavily involved in school spirit events and Langston attendees are generall tolerant towards others of different backgrounds and sexualities though there are intolerant and close minded individuals. The Langston experience is one of a kind since ot houses several types of people here . No one person is identical to the next and a visitor will have a unique experience as well.