Lanesboro High School is an above average, public school located in Lanesboro, MN. It has 162 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Lanesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B17 Students
- A+14 Students
- A-12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
- A10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Lanesboro High School
- BChatfield Secondary School
- Chatfield Public Schools, MN
- 35 reviews
- BRushford-Peterson Senior High School
- Rushford-Peterson Public Schools, MN
- 19 reviews
- BMabel-Canton Secondary School
- Mabel-Canton Public School District, MN
- 10 reviews
- BFillmore Central Senior High School
- Fillmore Central Public Schools, MN
- 32 reviews
Lanesboro High School Reviews
Expect to learn a lot on your own. Also if you're not into the whole "we're all suburban but let's act country" then consider transferring. The majority of the teachers are fine and honestly, our English branch is really good but we score super low in terms of math and science. Not much to do in Lanesboro, but to be fair there are only like 300 people here, which is less than some college class sizes. Also, get ready to bring lunch every day if you want to avoid really old food. One of our teachers found frozen chicken from months ago in the freezer. I had to learn everything about FAFSA, enrolling, and PSEO myself since we don't have a counselor. All in all, was it like going to Mabel? No. Will I come back every weekend during college? Absolutely not.
Really small high school - graduated with about 25 other students. Allowed for small class sizes and good community feeling. Able to be involved in a lot of extracurricular activities (band, choir, FFA, FCCLA, sports, school play, speech team, etc,.). Not great education. Overall, I felt unprepared in STEM classes when going to college. No AP classes offered. To learn something you really have to work hard.
We are a small community. Parents are very supportive of students, staff and administration. Both staff and parents work side by side to make our school the best! Good communication with all student body, staffing and parents. Our school has never fail on passing a school bond. The public supports the school 110%. Terrific school pride, school spirit and supportive in all areas (sports, academic curriculum, extra curriculum - band, FFA, etc., community involvement). I'm proud to say what school I attend. "Lanesboro Burros"